Blue Moon Burgers // Multiple Locations // American // Lunch/Dinner // $$
Paleoness (0-5): 2
Satisfaction (0-5): 4
Locally owned and featuring locally sourced beef, Blue Moon Burgers is all about offering a fresh and homemade menu. Along with their long list of burgers, but they also offer a small selection salads, sandwiches, shakes, and even gluten-free and vegan options. The food is top quality but aside from their Paleo Burger, there aren’t tons of menu options for us.
What did you order?
- Paleo Burger (⅓-lb. beef patty, cherry smoked bacon, fried egg, red onions, Blue Moon sauce in a lettuce wrap); sauce on the side.
- Sweet Potato Fries (½ pound of shoestring sweet potatoes deep fried and tossed in house seasonings)
How many ready-made paleo options are on the menu, and what are they?
The Paleo Burger, Sweet Potato Fries and French fries are the only 100% paleo options on the menu.
How easy would it be to create paleo options with substitutions? Examples?
Three of the salads on the menu would be easily made paleo — just nix the cheese and dressing:
- House Salad (fresh spring greens, tomato, cheddar cheese and red onion, served with your choice of dressing)
- Chicken Club Salad (fresh spring greens, tomato, bacon, cheddar cheese and red onion, topped with chicken breast, grilled or crispy and served with your choice of dressing)
- Side Salad (fresh spring greens, tomato, cheddar cheese and red onion. Served with your choice of dressing.)
How accommodating is the staff? Are they knowledgeable about the paleo diet?
The staff was definitely friendly, and when I asked what was in the mysterious “Blue Moon Sauce” that came on the Paleo Burger, they went to look for answers. One guy working there said, “Well if it’s on the paleo burger, then it’s probably paleo.” The thing is, it really looked (and tasted) like it probably had mayo and sugar in it, at the very least. If they’re going to call it a “Paleo Burger,” then we would really hope that ALL of the ingredients would indeed be paleo-friendly, but we can’t be sure.
How satisfied were you with the meal? (1-5)
5! The burger was delicious, and I didn’t feel like I was missing out on anything by not having a bun. Juicy, flavorful, and filling.
Would you recommend this restaurant to a paleo friend? Why or why not?
If a paleo friend is craving a classic burger, then this is definitely the place to go!
Could you eat here enjoyably without telling anyone you’re paleo? (Not that you’d want to!)
Technically yes, but like we mentioned before, be wary of the Blue Moon Sauce.